Ryan was born in Pleasanton CA and has lived in Livermore all his life. He has been involved with baseball since the age of five. He grew up playing both soccer and baseball but knew early on that baseball, particularly pitching, was all he wanted to do. He passes on the love of the game by volunteering with youth programs like the Challenger Baseball League as well as being a Big Brother for a local San Diego Community outreach program.
He developed an incredible work ethic having dealt with adversity, undergoing multiple surgeries and kidney transplant at 10 years old as well as various other sports injuries – broken foot, broken hand, and Tommy Johns through high school.
He enjoys boating, wake boarding and wake surfing in his free time.
Ryan played little league from the age of 5 until the age of 10. After little league he went on to play for a travel ball team called the Gamers/Berkovich. Ryans primary focus was as a pitcher, but he also was proficient as outfielder, first baseman, and a right-handed catcher. Through the years Ryan gained experience dealing with lead offs, balks, and how to throw off speed consistently.
Ryan first became a student at TPC when he was 14 years old and continued through high school. Ryan wanted to realize his growing passion for the mound by taking his skills to the next level. His goal was to pitch at a D1 college, and he was able to leverage the tools and experience gained at TPC which helped him refine his mechanics, strength and mental aspects of the game needed to be a competitive pitcher.
HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB CAREER
Ryan went on to play baseball in high school for Livermore High School and graduated in 2018. He moved to the varsity team as a sophomore where he focused primarily on pitching. He played Varsity in his last 3 years at Livermore High and holds to date the single season strikeout record at Livermore High, previously set by Randy Johnson. Ryan played for Headfirst Berkovich beginning 2013 through 2017.
- Helped his team to a North Coast Section Division II Title in 2016
- Selected team captain his junior and senior seasons (2017, 2018)
- Named Second Team All-Conference in 2018
- Collected 132 total tournament wins with Berkovich (2013-2017)
- Secured a Mickey Mantle World Series berth (2016)
COLLEGIATE CAREER – Overall Collegiate Career Ending Stats — 2.24 ERA, 27-5
Ohlone College in Fremont, CA (2019–2020) 2019 Stats—2.24 ERA, 9-2 2020 Stats—3.03 ERA, 6-0 (Short Season)
- Appeared as Starter and in relief in 18+ appearances on the mound – 126 total innings pitched
- Two-time Academic All-American (2019, 2020)
University of San Diego in San Diego, CA (2020 – 2023)
D1 CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- All-WCC Honorable Mention (2021, 2022, 2023)
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2021) Stats—1.96 ERA, 2-2
- Appeared in 18 relief appearances and one start on the mound – 23 total innings pitched
REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2022) Stats—2.70 ERA, 3-0
- Appeared in 26 of San Diego’s games on the mound – 33.2 total innings pitched
- Threw 2.1 scoreless innings across two different outings in the WCC Tournament (May 26 and 27)
- Appeared in both of USD’s games against Vanderbilt at the NCAA Corvallis Regional (June 3 and 5)
REDSHIRT SENIOR (2023) Stats—3.40 ERA, 7-1
- Appeared in 22 of San Diego’s games on the mound, including three starts – 40 total innings pitched
- Started USD’s opening round WCC Tournament matchup with Saint Mary’s at Las Vegas Ballpark May 24
Baseball & Softball
Pitching, Power Throwing, Arm Care, Speed/Agility, Strength/Conditioning
View/book training with Ryan Robinson: PRIVATE TRAINING CLASSES